La Stampa, Italy’s third most popular newspaper, called the ancient town of Hoi An in central coastal Quang Nam province an ideal Asian destination in 2015 in an article titled “Hoi An, a multinational Vietnam”.
La Stampa introduced readers to the town’s history since it was a busy trading port on the north bank of Hoai River between the 16 th and 17 th centuries, saying that a fusion of indigenous and foreign cultures, which has been carefully preserved to date, is what makes the town attractive to visitors. It appeals to visitors with beautiful tiled-roof houses embellished with unique details and carved wooden pillars alongside folk symbols to protect the owners from misfortune. Both Eastern and Western influences can be seen in Hoi An, ranging from pagodas and bridges in Chinese and Vietnamese designs to remains of the French colonial mansions, the newspaper said. Tourists should not miss Hoi An during its magical full moon nights as electric lights are switched off and the streets sparkle in the light of silk lanterns hung from houses to shops. The article also recommended several restaurants, coffee shops and hotels to its readers where they can experience local cuisine without breaking the bank. Hoi An was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999. Vietnam’s towns and landscapes have been recommended by foreign newspapers and travel magazines, such as La Repubblica, La, Stampa, Dove and Conde Nast Traveller. Sapa, Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, the Mekong Delta and Hoi An are the most-frequently mentioned favourite destinations. Vietnam welcomed around 50,000 Italian travellers and some 7 million international arrivals in 2013. Source: vietnamplus
Planning a trip to Hoi An? Check out Hoi An itinerary on Justgola.com . Download FREE Justgola app on Apple Store and Google Play.
- Backpackers in Hoi An for 1 day : The plan with useful handy items for parents and kids will surely make your trip more awesome
- 1 day in Hoi An : A great itinerary helps you to discover the most beautiful side of Hoi An with kids for just 1 day. Let’s check it out!
- What to do in Hoi An for 2 days : The 2-day plan in Hoi An for backpackers is a perfect option to help you save as much as money you can.
- Hoi An with kids for 2 days : You’re looking for things to do with kids for 2 days in Hoi An, this plan is for you. These handpicked details and notes will definitely bring the most memorable time to your family in Hoi An.
- Things to do in Hoi An for 3 days : This itinerary boasts all needed information for your next holiday in Hoi An, the prettiest city in Viet Nam
- A 4-day journey with kids in Hoi An : How can you spend 4 days in a small city as Hoi An? Look at this plan and make your way to this hidden treasure of Viet Nam.
- 4 days in Hoi An : Want to get away from touristy attractions and head to calm rural areas? This 4-day trip to Hoi An for backpackers is all you need to be greatly amused by the beauty of Hoi An.