The ancient city of Hoi An in the central province of Quang Nam was placed in the Top City category in the Wanderlust Travel Awards 2015, the city’s information and sport centre revealed on February 4.
The tourism hub in the central region of Vietnam ranked fifth in the category with a 94.12% satisfaction rating from readers surveyed by the British travel magazine.
Vietnam was listed in the Top Country category with a 94.56% rating.
In 2013, Wanderlust also declared Hoi An the world’s top city in its Readers’ Travel Awards.
In 2012, Hoi An was shortlisted as one of the top ten Asian cities for US magazine Conde Nast’s Traveler’s Readers Choice Awards. The following year, the UNESCO-recognised world heritage city was chosen for the Townscape Award by the UN-Habitat Regional Office in Asia.
Covering an area of 60sq.km, the city has 22.5sq. km of agricultural and forestry land and 11sq.km of lakes and channels. The central city was the first place in Vietnam to host a ‘Car Free Day’ and the first location in the central province to launch the 3-R (reduce, reuse and recycle) programme while promoting the use of reusable bags.
The city created a pedestrian street in its old quarter in 2002 and installed a solar-powered lighting system in Hoai River Square. The Hoai River and its channels feature in a list of the 10 most famous canals in the world compiled in 2014 by the US-based travel website www.touropia.com.
Planning a trip to Hoi An? Check out Hoi An itinerary on Justgola.com . Download FREE Justgola app on Apple Store and Google Play.
- Backpackers in Hoi An for 1 day : The plan with useful handy items for parents and kids will surely make your trip more awesome
- 1 day in Hoi An : A great itinerary helps you to discover the most beautiful side of Hoi An with kids for just 1 day. Let’s check it out!
- What to do in Hoi An for 2 days : The 2-day plan in Hoi An for backpackers is a perfect option to help you save as much as money you can.
- Hoi An with kids for 2 days : You’re looking for things to do with kids for 2 days in Hoi An, this plan is for you. These handpicked details and notes will definitely bring the most memorable time to your family in Hoi An.
- Things to do in Hoi An for 3 days : This itinerary boasts all needed information for your next holiday in Hoi An, the prettiest city in Viet Nam
- A 4-day journey with kids in Hoi An : How can you spend 4 days in a small city as Hoi An? Look at this plan and make your way to this hidden treasure of Viet Nam.
- 4 days in Hoi An : Want to get away from touristy attractions and head to calm rural areas? This 4-day trip to Hoi An for backpackers is all you need to be greatly amused by the beauty of Hoi An.